The Hawaii Legislature opens debate over Honolulu proposal with a three-hour briefing as other county mayors seek their own GET surcharge.
Manufactured housing communities can help bring down our cost of living, but stereotypes, land costs, regulations and a lack of will have conspired to block them.
Most Popular Stories
- State Lawmakers Lambaste Mayor Over Request to Extend Rail Tax
- Ige's State of the State Highlights Finances, Energy and Education
- Living Hawaii: Why the Islands Need Mobile Homes — and Don't Have Them
- Environmentalists Criticize Gov. Ige's Land Board Nominee
- Read Hawaii Gov. David Ige's First State of the State Address
- Denby Fawcett: Hawaii Lawmakers Intent on Making Police More Accountable
- The Army Has Been a Good Steward of the Land in Hawaii
- Cloud Over Hawaii: The Need for Truth and Reconciliation
- UH Report: UH Manoa Athletics Big Part of Hawaii's Economy
- Ige Appoints Kim to Be Special Adviser to the Governor
A MoveOn.org petition urges the state Senate to reject the appointment of Carleton Ching to chair the Department of Land and Natural Resources.