10 Must Read Stories From The Week Of Jan. 9 - 1301/14/2012
It was a week that saw us try to break new ground on a number of important topics.
Rail. Energy. Homelessness. Native Hawaiian recognition. Public compensation. These are issues Civil Beat digs into on a regular basis.
In case you missed them, here are 10 must-read stories from this week.
- 'Lot of Work To Do' Before Feds Fund Honolulu Rail
- Occupy Honolulu Asked Mayor for Immunity From Sidewalk Belongings Ban
- Federal Recognition for Native Hawaiians Could Come Via Interior Dept
- Hawaii Candidates Keep Fundraisers Under Wraps
- UH Football Coach Norm Chow Releases His Salary
- Deputy Superintendent: Large District Slows Race to the Top Progress
- Renewable Energy Push Could Hurt Refineries
- Could Honolulu's Mayor Stop Rail Project?
- FACT CHECK — HECO: Japan Tsunami Keeping Hawaii Electric Rates High
- Iolani Palace Protesters Get Their Day In Court
DISCUSSION: What do you think about the news this week? Share your thoughts below.