10 Must Read Stories From The Week Of Jan. 16 - 2001/21/2012
Gov. Neil Abercrombie found himself defending the state's actions on a teachers contract while his old colleague and friend, former Gov. Ben Cayetano jumped into the political arena to take on Honolulu's rail plans.
It was a week that saw the Legislature begin work and Civil Beat continue its work sharing the public salaries of public employees.
Here are 10 must read stories from this week you would have found only on Civil Beat.
- Tulsi Gabbard's Leftward Journey
- Hedging Bets at the 2012 Hawaii Ledge
- Did Abercrombie Flip-Flop on Hoopili?
- Volunteering for the Hawaiian-Language Newspaper Project
- Hawaii State Salaries 2012: Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Honolulu Officials Unlikely To Try To Extend Rail Tax
- Hawaii Speaks Out Against Piracy Bill
- Aloun Farms Throws Its Support Behind Hoopili
- Remembering Ben: The Cayetano Years
- What Does the FTA Want From Honolulu Rail?
DISCUSSIONS: What did you think about the news this week? Share your reflections below.