The Hawaii congresswoman’s national rise invites closer scrutiny of her family ties to an offbeat religious community. Her fiancé and chief of staff also grew up in families affiliated with the sect.
Most Popular Stories
- The Myth of Hawaii's Illegal Annexation
- Denby Fawcett: Honolulu Museum of Art Takes a Walk on the Erotic Side
- Hawaii's Iconic Stairway to Heaven Might Finally Be Coming Down
- Anti-Science Fear Is Putting Hawaii At Risk of 'Cultural and Economic Poverty'
- Tom Yamachika: How About a Little Aloha for Our Business Community?
- Brower Tempest Obscures Real Issues in Kakaako
- PHOTOS: Solar-Powered Plane Lands in Honolulu
- How Old Is Too Old for a Cop?
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Maui County's GMO Moratorium
- Living Hawaii: How Much Money Do You Need to Be Happy in the Islands?