Kainoa Penaroza is a health-food sales manager with little political experience and no apparent background in Washington, D.C. But the high-profile congresswoman has tapped him to be her top political adviser.
Most Popular Stories
- Living Hawaii: Warning Signs — Many People Can Earn More Elsewhere
- No Political Pedigree: Can Gabbard's Top Advisor Succeed in D.C.?
- Meet the People Helping to Shape Ige's Administration
- Despite City's Sit-Lie Crackdown, Homeless Aren't Moving Into Shelters
- Eyebrow Raiser: Tulsi Gabbard's New Chief of Staff Baffles Political Insiders
- Renowned Climate Change Author Faults HECO for Blocking Solar
- Ige Urges Senators to Support Carleton Ching Nomination for DLNR
- The Projector: Civil Beat Goes to Washington
- Another Marijuana Decriminalization Bill Clears a Senate Committee
- Lawmakers Should Consider Automatic Voter Registration