The Hawaii congresswoman’s national rise invites closer scrutiny of her family ties to an offbeat religious community. Her fiancé and chief of staff also grew up in families affiliated with the sect.
Most Popular Stories
- Farewell Horizon Lines, Hello Less Competition in Shipping for Hawaii
- Is Kapolei a Mistake?
- Hawaii Teacher's Bid to Halt New Union Election Fails in State Court
- Complaints Spur Closer Look at Hawaii Animal Quarantine Station
- Neal Milner: What Hawaii Kai Tells Us About Honolulu
- Going to College in Hawaii Is No Longer a Bargain
- Gov. Ige Does Right by the Mountain
- A Simple Alternative to the TMT
- Dear Gun Guys: That Hunting Rifle in Your Closet May Be a Problem
- In Hawaii, 'Visitors' and 'Tourists' are Different Breeds