Most Popular Stories
- The Myth of Hawaii's Illegal Annexation
- Living Hawaii: Houston, We’ve Got a Problem
- Denby Fawcett: Honolulu Museum of Art Takes a Walk on the Erotic Side
- 'One-of-a-Kind': Woman Runs Her Own Homeless Shelter
- Tom Yamachika: How About a Little Aloha for Our Business Community?
- Anti-Science Fear Is Putting Hawaii At Risk of 'Cultural and Economic Poverty'
- Why Are Sharks Attacking More People Than Ever in Hawaii?
- Hawaii's Iconic Stairway to Heaven Might Finally Be Coming Down
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Maui County's GMO Moratorium
- PHOTOS: Solar-Powered Plane Lands in Honolulu
Judge Susan Mollway ruled that the ordinance is preempted by state and federal law, much like earlier measures in Hawaii and Kauai counties.
Despite a handful of arrests, officers and protesters treat each other well. But this week’s attempt to resume construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope gets off to a rocky start with boulders strewn across the mountain road, forcing its closure.
An interisland ferry system and kamaaina discounts on air travel could stimulate economic activity, create jobs and lower prices — especially on the neighbor islands.