Mauna Kea warrants the highest level of cultural sensitivity but it should be a cultural sensitivity that is totally consistent with the historical record of Hawaiians and their search for knowledge.
Most Popular Stories
- Why Do We Shortchange One of Hawaii's Official Languages?
- Living Hawaii: Many Residents Are Leaving High-Priced Honolulu
- Peter Apo: The TMT Honors Mauna Kea Through Universal Exploration
- The Projector: New Team Targets Homelessness, New Classrooms at Schofield Barracks School
- Hawaii Receives $14.2M in Federal Money for Housing and Homelessness
- Follow the Money to Find Out Who Voted Against GMO Food Labeling
- Hirono Decries GOP Plan to Defund Planned Parenthood
- Hot Enough For You? It's Likely to Get Worse
- Mayor Hires 'Fresh Set of Eyes' to Monitor Honolulu Rail Project
- Civil Bytes: Support for Innovation Grows in Unlikely Places
A new elementary school in Kapolei and a new agricultural product in Waimanolo are celebrated. A hula festival returns to Moanalua Gardens and the Honolulu Ethics Commission returns to the issue of when to talk to the media.