Most Popular Stories
- The Myth of Hawaii's Illegal Annexation
- Federal Judge Strikes Down Maui County's GMO Moratorium
- Why Did Tom Brower's Visit to Homeless Encampment End in Violence?
- Living Hawaii: Houston, We’ve Got a Problem
- WATCH: Taser Video Shows Final Minutes Before Sheldon Haleck Died in Police Custody
- Painting Neil Abercrombie: Capitol Collection Still Missing Latest Ex-Governor
- Prison Agreement Undercuts Hawaii Values on Death Penalty
- Enlightening Hawaii's Economy
- Is School Prayer Crossing a Line at Some Hawaii Charter Schools?
- Denby Fawcett: Honolulu Museum of Art Takes a Walk on the Erotic Side
An interisland ferry system and kamaaina discounts on air travel could stimulate economic activity, create jobs and lower prices — especially on the neighbor islands.
As companies like DuPoint Pioneer and Syngenta contract, some jobs are lost and land used for GMO production becomes available for other types of farming.
Two parades inspire colorful street scenes while the rail project marches eastward and the Board of Education grapples with a controversial issue.